Don’t let the same thing happen this year...IT’S TIME FOR HAYDITE. Last year, the winter challenges that faced municipalities in Northeast Ohio took on a whole new meaning. Mayors, service directors, local leaders and other safety officials scrambled when salt supplies diminished, and the snow kept coming. Don’t let the same thing happen this year that happened last year.
IT’S TIME FOR HAYDITE: What is it?
HAYDITE is an additive to salt, that can stretch your salt supplies so you don’t have to worry about running out. The product is non-toxic, and has many of the benefits of traditional rock salt...plus a lot more. Progressive communities are adding a blend of haydite to their salt supplies this winter in a ratio of 50% salt to 50% haydite, so that the salt they do have can go further. With the price of salt increasing, municipalities are finding a tremendous price advantage to making HAYDITE part of their mixes this winter.
IT’S TIME FOR HAYDITE: Benefits
• Better traction than salt for roadways
• Significantly lighter than salt, so you get twice as much for your City’s money
• Doesn’t clump in piles and can be left outside
• Because it’s non-toxic, the supply NEVER goes bad
• Doesn’t damage vehicles or roadside landscaping like salt
• Used as a water-filtration agent, and it won’t clog sewers or catch basins
• Doesn’t destroy road surfaces
• Prevents crusting in your municipal salt-spreaders
And best of all, Haydite is Eco-Friendly, and is used as a soil amendment, so that when it gets spread, it actually improves the environment.
IT’S TIME FOR HAYDITE: The DiGeronimo tradition
HAYDITE is brought to you by the DiGeronimo Companies, a name that has been associated with top-quality, heavy duty construction and aggregate recycling in Northeast Ohio for more than fifty years.
IN THE NEWS
Cleveland Plain Dealer | 09.25.08
High demand forces Ohio to import road salt
Cleveland Plain Dealer | 09.07.08
Cincinnati Enquirer | 09.06.08
Salt bills will be big - with luck